The goal of the intensive course is to provide an idea of blogging as a part of modern media communication. We will tell you about various formats and types of blogging/video blogging and explore tools for blogging and promotion.
For whom is this intensive course?
For those who have long wanted to run a blog or video blog on socially significant topics and events, cover news or their communities, but did not know where to start.
And for those who already run a blog, but feel that there is not enough focus, strategy or promotion plan.
And also for established media and mass media who are thinking about starting a video blog for their media, but do not know what format to choose.
About the trainer
Elena is a journalist, producer, editor, presenter, author of documentaries, blogger and co-founder of the “Media Space” foundation, which is engaged in the creation and development of new media, as well as visual content.
As a TV journalist, she has covered various types of events, including rallies, plane crashes, political campaigns and elections. In 2016, she left the state-owned TV channel and took part in creation and development of a private channel – April. In 2019, she opened her own YouTube channel “Cherniy yashik Beliy shum”. The channel has received 2 million views over the year.
On the intensive course you will learn:
- About the formats for presenting information;
- About creating a content plan;
- About the organizational process of blogging;
- About the technical aspects of creating a blog (video, photo, audio, online resources for processing).
- And you will also get homework, in order to put what you have learned into practice.
The training will take place from 12 to 15 November 2020. Duration – 2 hours. Anyone who is interested in blogging, wants to gain new knowledge, grow and develop, strengthen their potential and get feedback from a professional can take part. Participation is free, seats are limited. Participation in all sessions is required!
Day 1. Concept
- Briefly about blogging. Old-fashioned SMM VS new media, journalism VS blogging
- Function and types of blogs (Commercial, ideological, for business promotion, personal)
- Practice. Analysing successful blogs
- Is blogging an easy task? (How to start a blog and what to be prepared for)
- How to choose an idea. Get inspired or steal: what is the difference
- Practical part
- Questions and answers
Day 2. Content
- Analysis of several concepts at the request of the participants.
- Text. How to write to be read? Attracting and retaining an audience. + Practical assignments on texts.
- Blog-interview. How to prepare, how to behave, and what to ask?
Day 3. Form
- Analysis of texts and tasks
- Features, algorithms and philosophy of YouTube. Do’s and Don’ts on this platform.
- A matter of technology. What a blogger needs (video, audio and photo equipment for different budgets). How to create your own media “at the minimum”.
- Basics of shooting and editing video for “dummies” from the same “dummy”.
- What to add to the video?
Day 4. Design, promotion and monetization
- Analysis of works at the request of the participants
- YouTube video design, thumbnails, headlines, SEO optimization
- Ways to involve users and analyze statistics
- Personal brand of the blogger and ways to promote content through other social networks and platforms
- Ways to monetize new media
- How to deal with burnout and hate
- Questions and answers. Analysis of participants’ blogs
After the intensive course, participants will be able to apply for mentoring and financial support from the CABAR.Asia Media School. Media School together with Elena Nechaeva will help you create (if you are a beginner), promote and develop your own blog.
To participate in the training, fill out the application by November 10, 22:59 (Dushanbe / Tashkent) / 23:59 (Bishkek, Almaty)