We invite students of journalism departments of Central Asian universities to take part in a marathon to combat disinformation, where teams of journalism students and their media mentors will go through a full cycle of material preparation: from finding an idea to creating a story and its presentation.
MisInfoQuest 2.0 Online Edition is an opportunity:
- to learn about the exposure of manipulation methods in the media; fakes in texts, photos and videos
- to learn how to create quality stories to combat misinformation
- to publish your stories in the leading publications of the region
Requirements for participants:
- be a citizen of Central Asian countries;
- be a student of the Faculty of Journalism (or a related specialty);
- Internet access and the ability to connect to online trainings daily for 2-4 hours;
- skill to work in team;
- high motivation.
How will it go?
The marathon participants, as part of a group of 3-4 people, will work for three months on their projects in teams of journalism students, journalists and media mentors. Participants should develop the idea of their story in a new media format, and implement it under the guidance of mentors from Central Asia.
Why is it important to apply for MisInfoQuest 2.0 Online Edition?
- All participants of the MisInfoQuest marathon will gain new knowledge on combating disinformation, on the principles of storytelling and learn how to create content in the new media sphere with the help of expert mentors.
- In addition to general sessions and trainings, all participants will be able to work on their own projects, applying the knowledge gained in practice.
- Participants’ projects will be published on the CABAR.asia platform and on partner resources.
- October 7 – November 4 – acceptance of applications and selection of participants
- November 4 – 6 – consideration of applications, notification of participants about the selection results
- November 7 – creation of a common platform for communication (Telegram chat)
- November 9 – 23 – online trainings with experts in storytelling, content creation, combating disinformation, fake news
- November 23 – December 7 – Content Creation Teamwork
- December 11 – presentation of the created content
Don’t miss this opportunity to complement your resume with experience in countering disinformation material. Fill out the participant form by November 4, 22:59 (Dushanbe / Tashkent) / 23:59 (Bishkek, Almaty). Explain why we should choose you and suggest your ideas for creating material in the new media format. Selected candidates will be informed about this additionally by November 6, 2020.
For all questions, please contact: +996550238627 (telegram / what’s app), email@example.com