Online training will take place from 28 to 31 July. Applications are accepted from journalists from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan. Deadline – July 20 inclusive.
The training will take place from 13:00 to 18:00 through the Zoom conference system.
This will be basic training in investigative journalism. It is for practicing journalists who want to improve their understanding and start working in this direction.
The training will cover the following aspects:
- The difference between investigative journalism and other genres;
- Search for a topic, formulation of a hypothesis, drawing up a work plan;
- Working with information sources;
- The main aspects of the personal and technical safety of an investigative journalist;
- Working with databases – local and international;
- Drafting history, fact-checking.
Some sessions include hands-on exercises. There will also be homework assignments.
Upon completion of the training, it is possible to cooperate with the CABAR.asia platform as a freelance journalist.